Differences between HDMI ARC and HDMI eARC?

Hi, I see the HDMI eARC model is nearly as twice expensive as the ARC model. They both support 4k@60 pass-through. What are the main differences?

Hi Systemkicker, welcome to the community! I see you have doubts about ARC and eACR. Let me explain.

HDMI eARC is the next generation of ARC. Its main advantage lies in a big boost in bandwidth and speed, as it allows you to transmit higher-quality audio from your TV to a soundbar or AV receiver.

EARC

With its 37Mb/s bandwidth, eARC can carry up to 32-channel audio, including 8 channels of 192 kHz and 24-bit uncompressed audio. It also supports modern advanced audio formats like DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS:X, Dolby TrueHD, and Dolby Atmos.

ARC

In comparison, HDMI ARC only supports up to 6-channel compressed audio and has a maximum bandwidth of 1Mb/second. It supports different audio formats like PCM (2 channel), Dolby Digital (up to 5.1 channel), and DTS Digital Surround (up to 5.1 channel).

To learn more, check out this blog: “What Are HDMI ARC and eARC? What’s the Difference?”

1 Like