Expecting a new product/feature? Make a wish here

Basically, the AV Access product would be sufficient for typical HDMI/KVM extending, splitting, and switching needs. However, some unique use scenarios may require more customized packages or features.

Our engineers and product managers are working on a schedule to bring new products online. We will take into consideration what really matters to you. And your voices may help prioritize their work :rocket:, or add something new and meaningful to the to-dos.

How to make a wish

1. Describe the new product you would love to see on the AV Access product catalog or a new feature on a certain named product that would enhance your experience.
    ( Discussion about existing products or features would be off-topic and may be removed by the mods. You can give product feedback or reviews by creating a new topic under this Product category. )
  2. Explain how you envision using this new product or feature and how it makes you happy. More details would be extremely helpful for us to evaluate the submission.

Support by a like

You may encounter a wish that coincidentally speaks for your needs. Don’t hesitate to show your support and agreement by liking :heart: the post. The number of like helps the team understand how many people like you care for this issue and your eagerness for the new launch or update.

4 Likes

Got my 8KSW21-KVM last May and have been loving it. The reliable PC wake up feature is missing on all the KVMs I tried before buying this one, and is a godsend.

Feature recommendation
How about automatic switch to active HDMI input?
Some may not want this so there could be an enable / disable switch via a hardware toggle or via software.

Product recommendation
This one is a bit niche, but I have quite a collection of retro game consoles and as you will know, they look awful on a modern 4K screen.

So how about incorporating some upscaling logic into your KVM switches?
Bonus if you allow analogue input (maybe for a Pro model)

These are the gold standard in upscalers for this purpose (in case you need some inspiration :grinning: )

Website recommendation
Have a unified sign in between main site and community one please.

Thanks for making great products.

Thanks! Happy to see the first advice :dizzy: in this post.

To clarify, may I know more about “automatic switch to active HDMI input”? Are you talking about switching to a PC and automatically activating it while it’s in sleep?

About the scaler, I will pass it on to our product team. Generally what resolution there is for retrogaming?

You’re right. We can make a different LOGO to differentiate.

Hi @Cecilia

So for automatic HDMI switch, I mean for scenarios like when the two HDMI sources (e.g. a PC and a Laptop), are turned on, but source one is currently active via the KVM.

The user finishes using source one and shuts it down / power it off.

Now only source two is producing a HDMI signal, and it would be cool if the KVM could automatically switch to it.

Regarding the retrogaming, if you look at the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 era of 2005 / 2006, these machines were sold as HD machines targeting 1080p resolutions, but both were not powerful enough to really attain this so games were often lower resolution.

A 1080p or 1080i signal looks bad enough when upscaled to 4K on a new TV, but things get worse when the games use a lower resolution (likely).

Thanks.