Keyboard stops Working - Has to be unplugged and plugged in

I have a AV Access iDock D23 8K KVM Switch Docking Station that was recently purchased.

Overall I Love the product but I am now getting an odd issue where the keyboard and/or mouse will stop working.

The keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow V3 and Mouse is a Razer Naga Trinity

This is all connected to two machines a Desktop Gaming Machine and a Dell Laptop via a Dell Docking station.

The keyboard issue is happening to either machine where it just stops responding.

A Windows error message sometimes appears saying that USB Device Not Recognised. The USB device has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it.

Unplugging the USB from the front of the dock and plugging it back in does resolve the issue short term.

Hello Tim,
Thanks for gettin gback to AV Access,we are truly sorry for the trouble caused.
On the desktop side, please try switch the USB-A to USB-B cable to PC back different USB 3.0 port for a check.
At the laptop,please the USB-A to USB-B cable direct connect from laptop to the D23.
Best Regards,

Hi Kevin, thanks for the suggestion however still no change by using different USB ports on either the laptop (issue got worse) or on the PC (it was still the same with intermittent stoppages). Could this be related to the Firmware issue from this post?

Hello Tim,

Please download the new firmware and try upgrade to check: 8KSW21DP-DM new firmware

Hi, did this fix your issue? I bought the D23 a couple of days ago and I have the exact same issue.

I also have razor keyboard and mouse, and switching between pc and a dell laptop dock

Hi Kevin, I can’t get the update tool to work. It won’t confirm the version of firmware when connected. see screenshot below

I connect using Com 3 as the only option that is not Com1 Clicking the Check button does nothing. despite the green connection status.

Hello,

Have you extract “Upgrade file.zip” out to a folder,then try running the software as the administrator for a check.

Hi Kevin, i have the exact same problem. The update tool appears to connect but can’t pull the version number or perform the update.

Can you confirm which usb port I should be connecting to on the D23 please. The manual is unclear when there’s lots of USB-A ports of the device and no micro-usb ports.

“Connect the USB-A to micro-usb cable from PC to KVM,keep only
this USB cable connected on current PC but not other”

Hello Adam,

Truly sorry for make the confusion.
Actually,it is use the provided USB-A to USB-B cable and connected to USB host 2 on D23 for firmware upgrade,which not have the micro-usb ports and the original is talk about our 8KSW21DP-DM which is different with iDock D23.
So please download the new firmware(V1.0.3) which is improved the displayport connection but kindly please have a test: iDock D23 new firmware

Thank you Kevin, that updated to 1.0.3 fine. I’ll message back here if I continue to have the keyboard and mouse freezing issues.

1 Like

Thanks Kevin, I have also updated and will monitor for the reported issues for the next few days

1 Like

Hello and thanks a lot Tim.

Hi Kevin,

I am still getting the same issue as before. I have a similar setup to TDC, Host A is my desktop PC, Host B is a Dell laptop. One thing to note: the USBs only drop out on the Dell laptop side (keyboard, mouse and headphones).

When the issue happens, it can be recovered by either unplugging the device and plugging it back in, or switching host and switching back again.

My mouse and keyboard are RGB, so it may be worth noting that when it freezes, the RGB lights are still on. So it’s not a complete connection loss. Seems to me like it’s a driver crash inside the iDock D23.

Hope this info helps resolve it.

HI Kevin, while the firmware upgrade seems to have lessened the drop outs I am again like Adam seeing the drop outs on Host B.

Host B is a Dell Laptop connected to a dell dock via USB C which then feeds to the two monitors, keyboard and mouse.

Ive again tried to remove the keyboard and mouse from the Dell Dock – WD19S and plugging in the keyboard and mouse USB cable from the D23 directly to the laptop USB but just now have also reported the drop out issue again. Dell Dock has a SVC Tag 7RFB1L3 and PPID: CN-04JXDM-CM-21C-317D-A00.

I do regularly hear from the laptop the Windows sound of a USB being lost and reconnecting and occasional see the USB failure Pop up as well.

I am also seeing small amounts of lap/mini freeses on the mouse on both Host 1 and 2 as well. The house will randomly freeze and then start again as its moving across the screen.

Hope this helps in finding a root cause.

Hello Adam,

Does the provided USB-A to USB-B cable direct connect from your DELL laptop to D23(USB host)?
Recommend to bypass the 3rd-party docking/adapter.

Hi Tim,Thanks for your update and I will transfer to engineer team.

Hi Kevin, just to confirm, I have tried both plugging the Host B USB into the dock and into the laptop directly, with very similar results