4KEX40-eARC sound dropping out using eARC

First post and it is going to be a doozy.

I using an set of 4KEX40-eARC HDMI extenders to connect my LG OLED television to my Marantz Cinema 50 AV Receiver. We use a lot of streaming apps through the LG WebOS and use eARC to send the sound back to the Cinema 50 for audio playback through our surround sound system. For the most part, the eARC feature works GREAT, however, about every 90 - 300 seconds the sound will drop out for less than one second and the come back.

At first we thought it was just something with either the stream or potentially my settings. I verified my eARC settings with Marantz and LG and both are setup correctly. The only thing I can think of at this point is potentially an issue with the 4KEX40-eARC’s firmware?

Yes, I am using CAT6A in my home and high-speed HDMI 2.0 cables. Additionally, both the Marantz and the OLED firmwares are up-to-date. Is there someplace where we can download the latest firmware for the 4KEX40-eARC?

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Hi, Will. Your message is well received. I learned that Kevin was talking to you about this issue and he will follow up. :slightly_smiling_face: