8ksw21dp-dm randomly switches output

Hi all,

I just bought a new 8ksw21dp-dm and I’m facing the problem that the output switches randomly. I’m not pressing the hotkey Tab+1 / Tab+2 and I’m not aware of any other combination to change the output.
Do you have any idea where this issue might come from?
Both devices the kvm switch is connected to are powered up.

Best,
promasu

Hello there,
Thanks for gettin gback to us and we are truly sorry for the trouble caused.
Kindly please try upgrade to our latest firmware version to have a check: 8KSW21DP-DM new firmware

Hi Kevin,

the device is already on the newest firmware. It looks like the secondary device attached which the dock switched to, disconnected the video connection several times and every time made the dock switch to the device.

Is there a way to disable this switching if a attached device connects the video output / starts? Or is this intended behavior in the first way?

Best,
promasu

Hello Promasu,
Our this KVM Switch not support auto switch.
Could you try plug in the keyboard to other USB port but not this USB 1.1 port(with keyboard icon) to confirm the switched process not work by mistake press the hotkey button combine.
Or can try press the 4 buttons combine to disable the hotkey function: left “Shift” + left “Alt” + left “Ctrl” + “]”
And you can enable the function by press this four button combinr: left “Shift” + left “Alt” + left “Ctrl” + “[”