Ethernet passthrough issues with iDock D23

Hi,

I have an iDock D23 connected with ethernet and internet works great on both my connected machines. However, very occasionally, when I swap between the two machines, my first machine will lose internet connection entirely, but the 2nd machine still has internet fine. The first machine will continue to be disconnected from the internet until I fully restart the iDock D23.

Is this a known issue?

Hello Kitari,
Thanks for reaching us and we are truly sorry for the trouble caused.

1. Does this issues happened on one computer or both two?
  2. Have you tried replace another cat cable for a test?
  3. How about try switch to another port on switch side?
  4. Try going to the change the internet speed as following path:
    Device Manager/Network adapters/Realtek USB GbE Family Controller/Properties/Advanced/Speed&Duplex and changed the Value to my Provider speed {such as mine is 1Gbps full Duplex)
    Best Regards,
    Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

1. This just happens to the one device. The device it happens to is Windows and the device it doesn’t happen to is Mac if that’s relevant. The device maintains connection perfectly if I connect the machine directly to ethernet.
  2. Happens with all cat cables.
  3. Not sure I understand sorry, there is only one ethernet port that I can see on the switch side.
  4. I will change this and report back.

Hi again,
Thanks for your update and so sorry for make you confused.
switch port I mean the cat cable swap to another port on ethernet switch side,not mean at D23.
What’s more,can also try update the computer’s Realtek USB GbE Family Controller driver if it not with latest version.