Looking for an extender solution to extend my PS5 from the living room to my bedroom, about 80ish ft away. Better 4K@120hz or 4K@60hz is acceptable too. How to set this up so that I can play games from both rooms?
- 4K KVM extender - this one works for mine Samsung 3840 x 2160 at 60hz. This extender will extend both HDMI and USB to your bedroom.
- 1-2 HDMI splitter - The splitter supports 4K@60hz so that it won’t bring down the video quality. PS5 has only one HDMI output so you need a 1x2 splitter to connect to both TVs.
- PS5 USB hub - I use this USB hub on my PS5 so that even after the install I still got enough USB ports for multiplayer games.
Set them up:
- Connect your PS5 with the HDMI 1x2 splitter. One output to the living room TV, another to the KVM extender.
- Connect your HDMI splitter and the PS5 to the KVM extender.
- Install the KVM extender via a CAT.
- The RX box with HDMI out and a USB hub will transmit both PS5’s video and USB signals to your bedroom.
The good point for this setup is that, another person can join the game at the other spot, as the HDMI is splitted into 2 and both USB hub will work.