iDock B30 - Monitor shuts off for 10-15 seconds, 3-4 times per day

Hello, I’ve had a consistent issue where my external monitor shuts off for 10-15 seconds at a time, probably 3-4 times per day while I’m working. Sometimes all of my connected peripherals shut off, too, but mostly it’s just my monitor.

Setup:

• iDock B30
  • MacBook Pro M3 Max
  • OSX Sonoma 14.6.1
  • Monitor: HP Omen 34c
    • upgraded from Dell U3219Q which had the same issues

I’ve tried multiple USB-C and HDMI cables to see if that’s an issue. No change.

I’m wondering if there’s a firmware update for the iDock, and whether that would do anything to help the situation.

Hi Jared,

Thanks for reaching us,this is technical support.

Here is the latest firmware version download link:
iDock B30 new firmware
Please downlaod and try upgrade it.

By the way,what is the output resolution of the monitor and have you tired lowering the monitor’s output resolution to test does they can help solve the problem or not?
Best Regards,
Kevin

Thanks for the reply, Kevin!

It doesn’t make any sense for me to reduce from the recommended resolution: (3440 x 1440). Any other resolution is a significant and unworkable image quality, and doesn’t allow me to use anywhere near my max screen size. (Black Bars and/or very blurry) which I need for my daily work. Yes, I have tried this with another monitor and get the same results.

I think my only other course of action at this point might be to bypass the iDock and ensure that it is in fact the dock and not my comptuer. Then we can come back to other solutions.

Cheers,
BC

Hello,

Have a new firmware and under the testing.
If you would like and we can share to you once it get ready.

I’ve been having this same problem, so I downloaded the files to give it a shot.

I’ve had no luck using either update tool. Both seem to have no luck connecting to the B30.

I’ve tried two different laptops, a Dell XPS 9530 & Lenovo Legion 9 16IRX9.

Hello Doug,Have you received our replay via email?