iDock C20 - audio and monitor camera/mic not working

Hello. I have an iDock C20 connected to a Dell laptop and MacBook Air with a single Samsung M8 monitor. I am unable to get audio when I select “AV Access iDock” as the speaker. If I select the monitor as the speaker, I do have audio out. I am also unable to get the monitor’s integrated webcam and microphone to work.

The computers are connected via the USB C cables that were provided. The monitor is connected via a HDMI cable that came with the monitor.

Thank you.

Hi Boaluz,

Thanks for reaching us,we are truly sorry for the issues.

1. When you selected to “AV Access iDock” as the audio out, the sounds output from the 3.5mm audio port.
  2. Does your monitor have the USB cable connected to C20? As the integrated webcam and microphone would work thru the USB connection but not HDMI.
    Sincerely,

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for the prompt response. I tried a USB C cable from the KVM switches single USB C port (excluding the 2 for the laptops) to the monitor’s only USB C port. I also tried USB C from the monitor to USB A on the KVM switch. I did not try USB A to USB A yet because I do not have that cable. I appreciate any additional thoughts that you may have. Thank you.

Boaluz

Hello Boaluz,

Thanks for you update.

1. The audio issue fixed or not?
  2. What is your this monitor brand and model number? We can try have a check.

Hello Kevin,

Still not fixed. I have a Samsung M8 monitor. Thank you.

Hello Boaluz,

As the C20 come with the two-in-one 3.5mm audio out,so need use the headset with 4-pin connector.
Checked the monitor and it seems need use the USB-A to USB-C cable from our C20 to monitor,and also try ask the support for the Samsung guys.
But I also worry about the USB hub issues,as the USB connection required no more than 7 tiers hub,and I think the monitor also built in the hubs so it have many USB ports to connected with other peripherals. And after connect to our C20 would higher than 7 levels. But when the monitor direct connect to computer will not have this problem.