iDock D23 2nd monitor not working with Mac Mini M2

Hi everyone,

I have a good idea of what the problem is, I just want to make sure my understanding is correct.

So, I hooked my Windows gaming PC and my M2 Mac mini to the dock to my two external monitors and everything is working flawlessly on Windows. As for the Mac, only 1 monitor is working.

From my understanding, this is because the M2 chip only supports up to two external monitors, correct? As if the dock was acting like a monitor already so that’s why I am not getting an additional output on my 2nd monitor?

I tried using displalyink software, but unfortunately the dock does not seem to be supported. is there a workaround to this or I am screwed and should get another dock?

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching us and we are so sorry for the trouble.
For the mac mini,you has connected to our D23 thru two USB-C to DP adapters/cables?
So please double check and you need add another one if you just connected one DP in.
As the 3 output channels work separately and each input port(A/B/C) corresponding to each output port(A/B/C).
Our device not support displaylink function so that you installed the displaylink software and not have any changed.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your reply.

Indeed, I realized that I used a DP to HDMI cable but used it as a HDMI to DP cable. That’s why it would not work. Silly me haha

I bought a 2nd usb-c to DP cable and everything is working now.

However, I noticed that whenever I start or restart the Mac, my 2nd monitor is not detected and I have to unplug and plug back in the idock D23 if I want my 2nd monitor to get detected. Are you aware if this is a macOS issue or a dock issue? Because everything is working flawlessly on Windows.

Hello Alex,

Thanks for your update and we are glad to hear you found the problem.
About the 2nd monitor issue,mayba caused by the dock/adapter issues,but you can also try upgrade the new firmware for our iDock D23 iDock D23 new firmware
Please use the windows PC to do this update process.
Many thanks~