Inquiry About iDock C10 Performance Issues

Hi Team,

I recently purchased the iDock C10 and have noticed a couple of issues that I’d like to clarify:

1. Dock Temperature: The dock becomes quite hot during use. Is this a normal operating temperature?
  2. Screen Flickering: When using my MSI monitor in laptop mode with the dock, I experience screen flickering.

Current Setup:

• Laptops:
    • Laptop 1: Asus GL 552VX, connected to the iDock via USB-A to USB-B cable and HDMI cable.
    • Laptop 2: Lenovo Thinkpad T15 G2, connected to the iDock via USB-C to USB-C cable.
  • Monitors:
    • Monitor 1: DELL P2723D, connected to the iDock via HDMI cable.
    • Monitor 2: MSI Optix G2724, connected to the iDock via HDMI cable.

I understand that connecting two laptops may not be the intended use for the iDock C10, but I am currently using this setup due to the absence of a desktop.

Thank you for your assistance!

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching us and we are so sorry for the trouble cause.

1. Dock Temperature :
    1.1 Due to our unique design that utilizes the entire enclosure as a heat sink, conducting heat from the internal components to the exterior, the surface temperature of the enclosure may be slightly elevated. However, the internal temperature of the device remains stable.
    1.2 Our product has undergone rigorous high-temperature aging tests at an ambient temperature of 45°C for 7 days, ensuring its stability and lifespan are unaffected.

2. Screen Flickering:
    2.1 How is the screen flickering.only the right half side? If yes and please check does its output resolutions is 1080P@60Hz, and try change to 1080P@50Hz for a test.
    2.2 When you purchased this product? What is your order number?
    2.3 And what is your device serial number(A2***** which found on the device bottom)?

3. For your setup,as your second laptop only connected the HDMI and USB cables,but not DP connection,so only the HDMI out 2 monitor work if switched to this laptop.
    Best Regards,
    Kevin

Hello @Kevin ,

Thanks for you feedback.

1. That’s fine.
  2. Screen Flickering:
    2.1. You’re right—the screen flickering only happens on the right side of the MSI monitor. I changed the resolution to 1920x1080 at 50Hz, and since then, the flickering has stopped. I’m not sure why I had to make this change because the iDock C10 manual says it supports 1080P at 240, 165, 144, and 60Hz.
    2.2. My order number is #30318, placed on July 17, 2024.
    2.3. The device serial number is A24D0891.
  3. I’m comfortable with my setup, and I have no issues with it.

Hello Phat,

Thanks for your update.
About this flickering issues,please upgrade our new firmware which has solved this problem: iDock C10 new firmware

Hello @Kevin,

I can confirm that the screen flickering issue has been resolved with the firmware update. However, I need a few more days to test everything before giving my final confirmation.

Thank you for your support!

Hi Phat,
Thanks for your update and of course you can test it more days to confirm and please feel free to contact with us if there have any problem.
Sincerely,
Kevin

Hi @Kevin ,

The screen flickering occurs occasionally now, but not as frequently as before. I’m a bit confused about the firmware update link you shared. There are two updates for the iDock C10:

• Kinetic Tool
  • ProAV Manager

Do I need to update both, or is updating just one enough? I only updated the ProAV Manager, thinking they serve the same purpose but with different tools.

Hi,

Sorry for the confused.
Both them need to update and the Kinetic can fixed this flickering issues.

Hi @Kevin ,

I’m currently experiencing issues with the Kinetic Tool. An important note in the manual states, “This tool does not work with laptops that have Intel graphics cards.” Both of my laptops are equipped with Intel HD Graphics 530 and Intel Iris Xe Graphics. Unfortunately, I don’t have any laptops that use a non-Intel graphics card.

Hi Phat,

Where you purchased our product and what is the order number?

Hi Kevin,
I purchased from this link: KVM Switch Docking Station for USB-C Laptop & Desktop (avaccess.com)
I gave you my order number in this post, please scroll up

Got it, sorry for the mistake.

Please help submit the RMA form then our customer service will help follow up with you and arrange the new replacement once they received your form.