KD-E10 --- Windows 10 Laptop & Linux Mint Desktop

Dell Latitude Windows 10 Work Issued Computer (now used closed)
Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3 Desktop machine
2 x 27" Monitors (Samsung & ViewSonic)

I have waited so long for such a solution and finally got the KD-E10 today. I hooked it up in no time and everything worked out of the box on the Windows side. Monitors work well and were both detected correctly. All USB attachments work flawlessly.

When I switch to the Linux side I only see the Samsung. It wont detect the other display. I rebooted the system to no avail. I powered the KD-10 down / up same thing. When powered down I later switched the HDMI ports and now only the ViewSonic comes on.

So it appears as the Linux side has no awareness that there is a second monitor available.

Has anyone solved this?

Hello Marcus,
Thanks for getting back to us, we are truly sorry for the trouble caused.
The Linux desktop connected both the DP in and HDMI in?
Please note the two output channels work separately that the “DP in” only corresponds to HDMI Output 1, and the “HDMI IN” port only corresponds to HDMI Output 2, so both inputs need to be connected.

Ahh, yes. Now I understand. The HDMI from the Linux computer only provides one feed, I need the second feed through the DP.
Unfortunately, this is an older machine and only has one HDMI, one VGA and one DVI outlet. I guess I need to find a card that gets me a DP outlet.

Thanks for your reply!

Hello Marcus,

Maybe you can try use the DVI-to-DP adapter for a test in the first.
So can get the “DP in” connection.