Troubleshooting iDock C10 monitor set up

I’m having trouble with my iDock C10 connecting to my monitor. I have a laptop, desktop and one monitor. Neither will connect to the monitor and troubleshooting would be appreciated.

1. I bought the iDock from Amazon
  2. The serial number is A24H1224
  3. The laptop BIOS doesn’t appear to have any settings relating to High Resolution mode (but it works with a hub, so I assume that isn’t the problem)
  4. Again, no settings in BIOS for graphics memory
  5. I’m using the cables that came in the box
  6. Only have one laptop

System config for the laptop is below:

I’ve tried to connect with just the simplest set up:

• Laptop to USB-C In
  • HDMI-OUT 1 to HDMI monitor in (tried with two different cables)
  • Power supply
  • USB keyboard & mouse
  • Plenty of rebooting all devices

But nothing, the monitor won’t pick up any signal. Either I’m missing something very obvious or the iDock isn’t working.

Hello Tim,

Thanks for getting back to us.
For this laptop seems have 4 USB-C ports(3x USB 3.2 Gen 2 and 1x Thunderbolt 4) as I checked from internet,right?
Have your tried switch and test on all USB-C ports?
Do you have other USB 3.2 Gen 2 USB-C cable with the 10Gb/s data rate or Thunderbolt 4 cable can try have a test?
Best Regards,

It’s got x2 USB-C ports and one of the older USB ports. There’s no Thunderbolt.

I’ve tried the test with both the USB-C outputs, with the cable provided in the box, but not another cable.

What is the “hub” you used,could you share its link to us so we can have a check.
If possible could you try get another USB-C cable to have a test StarTech USB-C cable

The hub is the UGREEN Revodok Pro 210 USB C Docking Station UGREEN Revodok Pro 210 USB C Docking Station, 10-in-1 USB C Dock Dual 4K@60Hz, Single 8K@30Hz, Gigabit Ethernet, 100W PD, 4 USB-C and USB-A Data Ports, SD/TF, USB C Hub Dual HDMI for Thinkpad, Surface : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories - simple bit of kit but it works.

I’ve borrowed a USB-C cable and will test it today

So, I’ve now tried it with simply connecting the laptop via different USB cable. I’ve then tried connecting just the desktop by itself. I’ve systematically tried every combination of DP in, HDMI #1 out, HDMI #2 out; HDMI in, HDMI #1 out, HDMI #2 out - all with different cables - and nothing works.

I have an HP X32C monitor, which should work with any input.

So, with no monitors outputs working, I’m going to have to give up and return the device.

Hi Tim,

Appreciate for your hard work on our product and that would be caused by an unexpected compatible issue between our device with the laptop. Engineer still work hard to try reproduce the issue in our lab.