4KIP100-KVM Windows Display Issues

I recently purchased a 4KIP100-KVM extender, but am having some issues with my Windows PC. The transmitter and receiver are connected directly via cat8 cable and have the same channel (link light is on). When using my MacBook, it extends the display just fine. However, when using my Windows PC and the same HDMI cable, I just get the “wait video input” display, with nothing ever following. USB devices work over the extender, but I am unable to get video. When the Windows machine is connected directly to the TV the receiver is connected to (via the same HDMI port), it displays just fine. Below are my Windows specs:

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-12700K 3.60 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (latest drivers)

Hello Jarcon,

Thanks for reaching out to AV Access,this is technical support and we are truly sorry for the issues caused.
There have some pointswant to check with you:

1. What is your (TV)display’s optimal resolution and rerefresh rate?
  2. when connect to you Macbook, what is the output resolution to the display?
  3. When conenct to windows PC,please try drop down the resolution to have a test,such as 1080P.
  4. Do you have other monitor and try conenct to them for a test if possible.

Best Regards,
Kevin

Not sure what’s optimal, but my TV is the TCL 55R646. I know the resolution is 3840x2160, and the refresh rate can be 48-120Hz. My MacBook resolution comes to 1920x1080 when using the KVM. I have already tried every resolution available on my Windows PC to the same result, and the KVM does work on another monitor using the same Windows PC and cables.

Hi Jracon,

Thanks for your update.
I check this TV have 4 HDMI ports(2 ports with HDMI 2.1 supports up to 4k/120Hz. 1 port with eARC). Have you tried plugged in to another port(not the above 3 ports).
If stll not work and that would be caused by the compatibility issues.

Best Regards,
Kevin

It does not work with any of the HDMI ports on the TV. What compatibility issues? What is the underlying reason for it to work on one monitor but not on another TV?

The compatility issues is mean our 4KIP100-KVM not work with your TCL 55R646 TV. And I am afraid that we can not resolve this issue for you in a short time, if you would like, i think you need apply return and get refund, sorry for the trouble caused.
Best Regards,
Kevin